Workplace Giving enables you to make regular pre-tax donations directly from your pay to your chosen charity.
There are great advantages of Workplace Giving for employees and your employer, as well as for charities like Children First.
The advantages of Workplace Giving
Workplace Giving is a simple, low-cost way that you can support Children First. The result is an automatic tax reduction and it removes the need to keep receipts for making claims at tax time. Plus you’ll have great piece of mind – your donation provides a steady income stream and enables us to keep fundraising costs to a minimum.
Workplace Giving provides an effective and simple way for your business to fulfill its social responsibility objectives, improve staff morale and engage with community programs. Any employer who employs staff can introduce a Workplace Giving program and direct funds towards a number of charities.
For Children First
Workplace Giving gives Children First a steady and low-cost income stream. Regular giving is vital for us to continue our work while keeping fundraising costs to a minimum.
How do I get involved in Workplace Giving?
Employees can follow these simple steps to get involved:
- Contact your payroll officer to see if your workplace has a Workplace Giving program.
- Nominate Children First Foundation as your preferred charity and decide on the amount you wish to donate from each pay. If you are paid fortnightly, you will make a donation every two weeks.
- Encourage your colleagues to get involved and join you in supporting Children First.
- Ask your Employer if they’d consider matching your donation.
- If there is no program in place, ask your employer to set up a Workplace Giving program and nominate Children First as your chosen charity.
It’s easy to set up a Workplace Giving program. You will find information about workplace giving on the ATO website. Your company can also get involved by matching the amount your employees make, or making a donation at any time.
We can send your company and employees regular updates about Children First. Your combined support will make a significant difference to children in need.