At Children First, we love building relationships with schools and helping kids learn about acceptance, tolerance and the importance of helping others.
What can your school do to help?
There are many ways your school community can get involved. All you need is a bit of imagination and a caring spirit.
We encourage parents and teachers to start the ball rolling by talking to their kids about the importance of helping those less fortunate than them. Together, think of the ways your school community can best support Children First.
Here are some ideas of fundraising events from other schools that might work for you too:
- Organise a cake stall
- Host a morning tea for parents and students
- Hold a fundraising Easter Egg hunt
- Organise a school mini-fete
- Sell greeting cards at Christmas time
- Arrange a coin trail – which class has the longest trail?
- Organise a coin collection – which class can collect the most 5c, 10c, $1 coins – you choose the value of the coin and watch the jars fill!
You can check out what other schools are up to in the Schools Category of our News section.
Can Children First visit your school?
We love to hear from schools that are committed to creating a warm and caring culture of giving in their students. If your school wishes to raise some funds for Children First we’d love you to get involved. We also make every effort to visit the schools that wish to help us help others so please contact us and we’ll try to set a date!
Can your school visit the Children First Farm?
Children First Farm sets aside some dates throughout the year when supporter schools can visit to present the proceeds of their fundraising efforts and to meet the children they are helping.
Given the unpredictability of the treatment plans for the children in our care, we are unable to commit to visits too far in advance.
We receive lots of requests from schools wishing to visit the Farm, far more than we can possibly cater for. Therefore we must limit visits to those who are supporting Children First.
To find out more information about how your school can support Children First and educate students about the joys of giving, contact us today.
Thanks for the support
We’d love to extend our thanks to the following schools for their great support:
- Altona Green Primary School
- Assumption College Kilmore
- Billanook College
- Cammeray Public School NSW
- Carey Baptist Grammar Kew
- Catholic Ladies College Eltham
- Catholic Regional College St Albans
- East Loddon College
- Emmaus College Vermont South
- Healesville High School
- Kilmore Primary School
- Korowa Anglican Girls’ School Glen Iris
- Lowther Hall Essendon
- Manchester Primary School
- Mansfield Secondary College
- Mercy College Coburg
- Methodist Ladies College
- Monivae College
- Newport Lakes Primary School
- North Sydney Girls High School
- Our Lady of the Way Kingsbury
- Parklands Primary School Plenty
- Pulteney Grammar School Adelaide
- Resurrection Primary School Essendon
- Ruyton Girls School
- Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School
- St James Primary School Vermont
- St John’s Primary School Mitcham
- St Joseph’s College
- St Margaret’s Primary School Maribrynong
- St Monica’s College Epping
- St Patrick’s Primary School Kilmore
- St Peter’s Primary School Epping
- Thornlie Primary School WA
- Trinity Catholic Primary School Narre Warren
- Wallan Secondary College
- Xavier High School Albury